Monday, March 2, 2009

Two Reds, and a Very Good Inexpensive White Jug!

Hi, I was laying in bed last night after watching the TWO HOUR Brothers and Sisters thinking of more wine, (maybe because the family owns a winery and they are always drinking) that I wanted to tell you all about.

Number 1. Genesis Cabernet Sauvginon 2005 - 12.99
A cool red wine with Licorice and spice topnotes that finishes with the rich cherry and blackberry flavors..I served it with Ribs and a Tossed Butter Lettuce Salad..It was good.

Number 2. Lo Duca Sangiovese Italy - 11.99 A Bright Italian Blend characteristic of the the Sauvignon Grape, almost a Chianti flavor. I served it with a Penne with Vodka Sauce...which I have a wonderful recipe for..

Number 3. Cavit Pinot Grigio Italy ---12.99 for a magnum A elegant and crisp big flavored Pinot..so easy to drink on the tongue and the wallet. It has a crisp pear and honey flavor..I have poured it in so many sauces and stews and also I had a glass in my hand the other night while I was steaming baby green beans and I poured it over the beans...with a tiny pat of butter and sea salt and fresh cracked pepper it was delicous!

No comments: