Sunday, January 13, 2008

Here we are...the two Palandri Sisters!


This is us....

We really love wines. That's Dee on the left and me Gina on the right.

Wine is a magical thing. It adds Umami to your meals, it makes you laugh and makes you cry.

But we think we should talk about the wines we like.

Tonight me ( Gina) I opened a bottle of Smith Wooton 2006 Cabernet Franc. It was very very heady. I let it breath a little longer. It mellowed in that overwhelming barametric whisp on the first sip. Then it did turn into some deep lushy purple nectar. Definitely some deep blackberries. I would compare it to a Dark roasted Kenya coffee. I was sad when the bottle was empty.

I am saving my special Christmas gift from Dee...It's a Honig. I can hardly wait.

Smith Wooten

Cab Franc

*** three out of four stars

No comments: